In becoming a registered participant in MicroGlobalScope, you agree to take personal responsibility for your safety and that or your class. Science House Foundation and the Biobus take care to make sure that the recommended activities are safe, and that sufficient instructions are provided to be able to carry out the activities
Under no circumstances shall Science House Foundation, The Biobus, or any partners or affiliates, be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or relating to the use or attempted use of the MicroGlobalScope website, or the physical equipment provided.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MICROGLOBALSCOPE, SCIENCE HOUSE FOUNDATION, BIOBUS OR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE MICROGLOBALSCOPE SITES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY HEREUNDER SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE(S).
BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR PARENT AND SUPPLIERS, SHALL BE LIMITED IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
a. Prohibited types of content and activities
As a user your school will be granted a login and password that enables you to post content on the site by way of blog posts and comments. “Content” refers to all text, photographs, video, or other materials displayed on the MicroGlobalScope website.
Posts and comments will not be moderated before publishing, however, we reserve the right to take down any information that violates the provisions below.
Users of the Sites may be subject to international, federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to laws regulating the privacy and security of personal information (collectively, “Laws”). As a User you are solely responsible for your use of the MicroGlobalScope website being in compliance with all applicable Laws.
In addition, with respect to your use of the MicroGlobalScope website, you agree that you will not submit or create Content that:
1. is offensive, inappropriate, unlawful, threatening, defamatory or invasive of another’s privacy;
2. impersonates any person, business or entity;
3. victimizes or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
4. encourages criminal conduct or conduct that might create civil liability for MicroGlobalScope;
5. contains viruses or other computer files or code that interrupts, destroys or limits the functions of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permits unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
6. violates the rights of others including intellectual property rights.
In addition, you may not:
1. use the MicroGlobalScope website in any manner that intentionally damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs our servers or networks;
2. attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through “hacking,” “password mining,” or any other means;
3. use automated tools, robots, any data mining or similar data gathering and extraction tools to access, crawl, meta-search, and/or collect any of the Content or information accessible through the Sites;
4. otherwise violate this Agreement.
Science House Foundation reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Science House Foundation sole discretion, violates these provisions, including but not limited to removing the offending Content, terminating the membership of such individuals, filing a lawsuit to seek civil remedies and reporting such individuals to law enforcement.
b. Use of Content
All Content posted on the site by Users falls under a creative commons “Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike” (CC-BY-NC-SA) license. May wish to elaborate here.
All Content published on the site by the site administrators (Science House Foundation and Biobus staff) also falls under this license, unless otherwise indicated.
As a User you are responsible for not posting Content that infringes the Intellectual Property rights of others.
3. LINKING TO THIS WEB SITE
You may include a link to the MicroGlobalScope website on another Web site so long as the link does not portray MicroGlobalScope in a false or misleading manner and does not appear on a Web site that is offensive, or otherwise objectionable.
5. THIRD PARTY SITES; ADVERTISERS
MicroGlobalScope may contain names of and links to sponsor organizations on the site. You acknowledge and agree that Science House Foundation is not responsible for any Content or other materials, or the privacy policies and practices of these third party sites.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Science House Foundation and the Biobus, and other affiliated companies, and our respective employees, contractors, officers, directors, and agents, from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the MicroGlobalScope website.